Termination of Tehelka Consultancy

Letter dated 22 November 2013 to the editors concerned:

This is of little consequence at the moment and I do not wish to pass any judgment. Let me just say that the handling of an extremely sensitive situation has been highly disappointing. What could have been a transparent, and legal, issue between an editor and a reporter has caused the institution grave damage.

As a journalist, credibility and fairness have always been my priority. In the present circumstances, I find it impossible to continue writing for Tehelka and hereby terminate my consultancy with the organisation.

It has been a fruitful association with Tehelka since 2011 and, let me put it on record, I was never asked to toe any editorial line in my writing (certain stories were refused but that is an editorial prerogative).

I wish Tehelka journalists strength and hope the reporter concerned gets the best possible closure.

Best

Jay Mazoomdaar
Consulting Editor

No comments: